Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I've Been Adopted.

I have a new xanam friend. Her name is Rosa. A couple posts back, I actually introduced her. It was her birthday party I unknowingly walked into after that random ride from Baku.

Today after my club at School 13, I went back up to Rosa's (she lives in IDP housing in the school) to say hello and tutor with Little Rosa and Tural. Little Rosa forgot and didn't tell me, but Rosa xanam welcomed me in nonetheless. I hung out, ate some fruit, and chatted a bit with her; and, soon, the awkward 'I want to leave, but don't know how' time hit. Instead of being able to successfully maneuver my way out of the room, I found myself pretending to nap on the couch for a good amount of time under Rosa's instruction. Rosa was sweet, covered me up and told me that I should come very often since we both live alone. She also told me that I was now her daughter.

I eventually almost made a successful getaway (I really wanted to come home and sleep), but I was then informed I couldn't leave because she was making me dinner. So close. It's funny the silly little situations I can get into here.

Side note on this day: I've always heard how small our sites really are and how everyone talks about everyone else, especially the foreigners. I got inklings of this this past week hearing little things about Ming visitors, but today at Rosa's it fully hit me. Lankaran Aaron was here last week and I heard a bit about him from others kind of in my circle on the streets (because he's quite tall and handsome). Today Rosa and her daughter was talking about him, too! They kept asking me questions about him whilst I was laying on the couch and, yes, commented on his handsomeness.

No comments: