Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Beginning of Uprooting

I finally got the call yesterday... my invitation to be part of the Peace Corps.  I'll get my packet tomorrow or the beginning of next week.  It was sent off yesterday.

Yesterday was a pretty heavy day in between my realization of having to leave and my wanting to be here for someone I love.  It resulted in many tears, outbursts of tears, sitting on the Cape Fear, skeeball, and an idea of connectedness, understanding and purity... it was the closest to Truth that I think I've ever experienced.  It hurt.

I don't mean to be a baby about it all and make a blog the stereotypical egoist cryfest.  I will document great things in here for all the people who want to know about what's going and myself.  I intend to write more, too.  My Philosophy is crossing with the creative now and I want to write interesting ideas in an interesting medium that's not strictly academic.  And, perhaps, at the end of a blog, sometime, you'll feel, too.  And that will be our connection through time and space.  :)

No comments: