Monday, July 7, 2008

Counting down.

5 days till Tom Petty.
10/11 days till the last time I see Bethany until I return.
18 days till my trip to Chicago.
32 days till I'm officially off my lease.
52/53 days till my DC Morin trip.
75 days until I'm away from NC.
78 days and I'm in Azerbaijan.
I have no more weekends in Wilmington when I'm officially still living here - wow.

No public news, really.

It's been awhile though and I don't want you to think this is dead before it's even really begun.  I'm heading to REI this weekend to invest in a really good backpack for my trip.  This summer has pretty much been used for mental preparation, packing and storing physical items, and making sure I'm keeping some domestic ties.  Whatever it is going through my mind has been logged in a personal journal for now.  

I'm getting more and more excited as each day passes by.  It's kind of seeming more real as the time gets closer.  The date is still a bit away, but I'm slowly getting the sense of urgency and finality of my time now in the States.  This is going to be a good change.  I know that I've been struggling with the whole uprooting idea and leaving people... that's still around, but I'm coping quite well right now.  Perhaps it's me distancing myself or vice versa with the people in my life.  Whatever the case, the relationships that matter will still exist.



No comments: