All those thoughts contributed to my optimistic starting of the week, but it was set in stone once I received my Staging Kit for the Peace Corps. My plans are finalized! I'll call the Staging Office tomorrow to set up my flight from RDU to Philadelphia and then my part is done. (Update: I am leaving from RDU at 11:40 AM - goodbye NC). My flight from JFK to Frankfurt (Germany!) to Baku has already been booked. I am set to leave JFK at 9:35 PM Monday, September 22 arrive in Frankfurt 11:30 AM, September 23. I then leave Frankfurt at 1:45 PM (not too shabby of a layover) to arrive in Baku at 9:05 PM.
It is finally starting to hit me. In less than a month, I will be living in an entirely different world known to me. I'm starting to feel those varying notches in my stomach when thoughts turn to what's ahead, or the many loose ends I'm trying to tie up.
Goodbyes are starting to feel more permanent and I'm getting to be completely aware of the limited time I have to spend with people I love for this framework of time. Things are changing at a rapid rate... it's a good thing that I've obsessed over flux enough to know it will continue in several directions (including my eventual arrival back to the States).
My time back at my parent's hasn't been that delightful, but, really, none of that seems to matter anymore.
It's time for me to hold on; things are about to start happening at an unfamiliar speed.

No comments:
Post a Comment