The past 4 days have been a huge rush of wild madness!
From Philadelphia, we went to JFK in NY and waiting forever, it felt. Eventually we flew off to Frankfurt and hung out. That flight was so long! I had wine spilled on me twice as well as a sprinkle from an open water bottle above head. It was all right, though. I didn't sleep at all, so by the end of that flight, I was hallucinating and that was hilarious. In Frankfurt, nothing too much happened. We took a flight from there to Baku and got in later last night. We all came to the hotel where elevators don't exist, so it was insane watching, helping, and being part of a group of 61 take their luggage for 27 months up stairs!
Today was the first day of in country training. I've learned basic language, need to work on remembering it. I can say who I am, what I do, where I'm from - all in the most basic terms. A few other things like "i don't know," "thank you," "okay," and "not good." It'll come. These next 12 weeks are going to be intense.
All right, I'm done with being a computer nerd and head down to spend time with my people. I miss you all!
Oh yeah, if any of you are planning on sending me a letter or package, can you please put in an armband or thick bracelet so that I can cover my wrists? I would greatly appreciate it. And then I can think of you when I wear it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment