Thursday, June 4, 2009

Small World.

Sometimes the world seems smaller than it really is most of the time.

I got back from Baku Monday and strolled into one of the stores I regularly frequent to grab some cheese and yogurt.  Idly passing my time and taking a couple looks around just in case something new has popped up, I glanced into the freezer.  I spotted something that looked a bit... out of place.  Slightly confused and a bit in disbelief, I took another look down on the off chance what I thought I saw was what I really saw.  And, it was...

... I definitely spotted a pack of Carolina Turkey ground turkey from Mt. Olive, North Carolina.  I picked it up, double checked it actually said Mt. Olive on it.  When I confirmed that it was exactly what I thought it was, exactly where I thought it was from, I can't say that I wasn't a bit... comforted.

Though it's turkey and I'm still definitely a vegetarian, something about the sheer randomness of something else from my neck of the woods made the walk home one of wondrous thoughtfulness on how small this world is.  It's nice to know a couple of things that don't really fit made it over to Mingechevir, Azerbaijan.

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

You are so cute. Sweet story! It is a small world! Who knew that the coolest vegetarian I know would be excited about some turkey... :)