Thursday, September 17, 2009

Goodbye Tiny Cats.

This week marked the 11th week of me with kittens.  It was only half of them as on the 1st Andrea took Baskin and Robbins.  3 cats were a lot easier to handle than 5, but it was still a bit much.  Alexis was in line to take Runt cat and then it would have been just me, Scout, and Beast cat until I would be able to find her a home.  

Well, things change.

Monday night/Tuesday early morning, Runt cat died.  I don't know what happened, but when I went outside for the morning feeding, Runt cat didn't run up per usual.  I went searching and found him laying in his favorite sleeping spot not breathing.  I take a bit of comfort seeing he was in his spot, so he might have just slipped away peacefully. 

So, Alexis took Beast cat Wednesday night.  
I'm not going to lie; it was harder for me than I originally thought it would be.  Beast cat was my favorite and the one I got attached to most; but, by the last day, I also noticed Beast cat might have inherited her mom's needy gene as well.

Now it's down to one cat and myself.  The way it was always supposed to be.  And, now, I can be like the cool grandma that just visits and catsits for all the kittens without actually having to live with them all.  When I'm tired of the mewing, I can peace out.

It's strange to think about me having these kittens for the entirety of this summer.  A lot has went on and changed since their birth.  I've found out quite a bit about myself during this venture, too...

The most notable realization of mine during this time?  Although I love cats and the thrill of raising kittens was fun, wacky, and exciting, I will never have the patience to be a crazy cat lady when I get old... lesson learned.

2 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

I'm so sorry about Runt :(

and sorry it was sad to see Beast go! BUT i like that you're now the visiting grandmother...

and that you're not going to be crazy cat lady. cauuuuse... I'm slightly allergic, and by that I mean a lot, and I'd never be able to come visit you.

but just you and one cat? I'm there :)

Christy said...

awe Kim! I'm so sorry Runt didn't make it.
For the record though, I think you were an awesome surrogate mother to those babies... you obviously cared a lot about them and did a lot more than most people would in your situation.

And it's uber cute that you're grandma cat lady instead of regular cat lady. :)