Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy December!

To start out, here's an interesting statue located at the Aquapark in Sumgayit.


Now that that necessary image is posted for you delight, Happy December! This month is especially exciting for me because 1. I swear in as an official Peace Corps Volunteer and 2. I move to my permanent site, Mingechevir.
I've pretty much finished PST... only 2 hub days left.

Though this timeis thoroughly and completely exciting, it's also a bit sad. Now that we're finished training, all 61 of us go off to our sites. Yes, some of us are placed with each other, but it's not the same. We'll all be spread out and starting to really work. It's great, really, as that's what we're here for, but I can't deny that I'm really going to miss having everyone around.

Hopefully, at site, I'll have better internet access and can update more regularly. I should be able to as my workplace has internet, but it's slow at times, so I'll have to see where my patience is on that given date. I promise, though, I will try a lot harder. Ifully admit I've been lax since being here.

Here's another picture... this one of public transportation in AZ. The YD people are in a marshrutka in this one. One day you'll hear me tell stories of marshrutka experiences.


Okay, final note, I'll get you all my new address next week. I don't have it right now, so hold off on any love notes or care packages for a few.

Love and miss you all.

No comments: