Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sabish.

As you all should know, I thoroughly lucked out with the cluster I had during PST. We were finally all reunited for Sabina’s, our LCF, birthday this month. I know it really hasn’t been that long timewise, but when you’re used to seeing the same 5 people for hours at a time every single day, it’s a little strange to not.

I had the pleasure, over New Year’s, to see half of my cluster mates in Baku. I believe good times were had by all, but New Year’s threw a small weather obstacle at us. We were snowed in Baku for an extra day or 2. Typically, I don’t think this would be a big deal, but, realistically,
most of us weren’t quite prepared for it with the things we brought. I had the awesome experience of only wearing my holy high top chucks during this trip, so my socks were always wet and pretty cold. A few other people were in the same boat as me including my cluster mate, Jake. From this experience we all took different ideas away from it. I told myself to begin checking weather in the wintertime and never wear Chucks in snow and slush and Jake vowed to never be unprepared again.

This is Jake walking around Gence, in good weather, being prepared for whatever Azerbaijan throws at him. Please note, this is for a 2 day trip.




















This was just one of the highlights of the trip. It was great to be in good and familiar company once again, outside of PST. Sabina was touched we all visited and were able to spend her 21st birthday with her and it was amazing to be reunited.


P.S. If you're reading this, hello Ms. Larson! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HEY KIM!
YOU MADE MY DAY, WITH THE HELLO. I GOT SUCH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE. I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOGS, AND KEEP UP WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU AND YOUR SITE MATES. THANKS FOR THE PICTURES YOU POST ALSO. TAKE CARE, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
VIKKI