Friday, January 16, 2009

Appreciation.

Hello, friends.

I've been MIA for a bit again, no surprise. Honestly, I do talk to the majority of you through email, so I don't blog as much as I once envisioned myself doing. Moreover, I tend not to want to write publically when I am not in a positive mindset. For a bit of December, it seemed, to me, that more bad things were going on than good... and, to set the tone, it all started off with a lovely "Korean death bomb" text from my mom informing me of a death back home. You know how one thing happens, and then it seems to be overwhelmingly increased in the following weeks? That is the reason I have been out of the blog world this time around. It also does not help that internet and electricity are things that go out frequently.

On that note, I will admit, I have grown a deeper appreciation for electricity, moreover, heating, now that I am not in the States. I can deal quite all right without internet and lights for the most part, I mean, I did get a headlamp before I left the States, but electricity used for heating is thoroughly missed. It gets cold, fast! I'm sure come summer, I will express the opposite notion in that I will miss AC. But, whatever, this is my life now, and, for the most part, I am thoroughly happy in it.

Another thing I appreciate beyond belief are letters and care packages. It's crazy how exciting it is for us when we get a call from the post office informing us of a "baglama" waiting for us. Though I do go through them at a too quick pace, I always think that I do have amazing friends and family back home. I don't know how exactly it happened to be that way, but recieving packages and love letters really do put a spring in my step and I completely love anything that is sent. It's been kind of crazy in my mind as I've gotten thigns from people I really considered more acquantances than anything in the States. It's very nice to know that bonds were and are deeper than I originally thought. So, pals, thank you for being you.

So, loves, here is a quick update. I've got an idea for the next blog post, so stay tuned. Dont' give up on me and my sporadic bouts of writing.

Love you all!

1 comment:

alexis said...

KDB. matzah ball to the face.