
Wednesday morning, Mingechevir said goodbye to our first leaving AZ5, Cindy.
For those of you that don't know, I'm in the AZ6 group of volunteers. That means that I am in the 6th group of volunteers sent to Azerbaijan. So, when we came, the 5s were here. I am not very attached to many of the 5s, but as previously mentioned, I completely lucked out with the 5s in Mingechevir and am very attached to them, so it was a sad morning when were forced to say goodbye to our first one leaving. Most of the 5s left are slated to leave in September, but some have chosen to leave early.
Me, Laura and Alexis woke up early Wednesday morning to help Cindy clear out whatever remaining in her apartment and to say our final goodbyes since most of us cannot get into Baku and see her off the right way. I'm not going to lie, I shed some tears.
Within these next few months, there will be more goodbyes, hub nights, pot lucks, TV marathons, and much more quality time with those I'll soon miss. As excited as I am for my friends to get to go back to America, I do not look forward to the day when they will no longer have a daily presence in my life.

1 comment:
Because I am a selfish friend... instead of immediately feeling sympathy for you because of your leaving friends, I thought of YOUR day to come home and how exciting it will be to see YOU!
But then I tried to picture you there, saying goodbye to someone who's been a part of your experience in Az, and I felt bad for being so selfish. I know it's sad to see others go!! Especially in a place where friends must feel more like family. But... you could take it as a reminder that your own adventure there will end one day as well, so you should appreciate the time there that you have! Every minute of it! And, you know, look forward to coming home so I can treat you to some crazy vegetarian dinner.
:)
Post a Comment