Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hub Nights and Sarah's Survey.

Wednesday nights have been my favorite night of the week since I moved to Mingechevir.  Every Wednesday night, me and my other sitemates get together for dinner.  We rotate houses and responsibilities every week and meet up for a delicious meal, venting sessions, and, sometimes, games!

I've been fortunate enough to have enough sitemates to sustain this type of thing and, also, to have sitemates that are all very good cooks!  It's interesting to see what each house cooks every week as it's typically a reflection of who's house we're at.  I know for yummy and healthy food, there's Alexis'. For rich, layered and aesthetically pleasing? Andrea.  There's always ornate and time consuming wonder dishes at Nate and Mariko's.  Laura's is good for dishes that collaborates everyone's tastes.  At Cindy's, we were always able to rely on delicious dinners that comprised of comfort foods and, sometimes, homemade cinnamon rolls.  I don't count Bev, really, in this rotation as I usually cook there as well as here, but(!) Bev has always provided an open house, kitchen, and mind for any idea that I had for her nights, which I'm grateful for (especially during host family living time).

Hub nights have continued to be a consistent time where I get to spend quality time with my sitemates and enjoy all of their company.  Since Cindy's been gone, it's changed a bit, but I know in the next coming months, it's going to change drastically more.  Soon it'll be down to AZ6s, but, then again, eventually we'll have our new AZ7s to, inshallah, spend this time with.

And, now, for a stellar friend of mine:


This is my really great, fellow 3eb loving, coffee needing, super smart, and totally amazing friend, Sarah.  I met her in a COM class at UNCW that she didn't even need!  Luckily for me, though, she took that unneeded class and we became friends for the duration of our college careers.  We took this picture after a long drive on a school night at the end of a 3eb concert in Richmond; it was awesome.  Hopefully, one day, we'll be incredible professors at the same campus so that we can have coffee dates in or around the library where we can chat about our days, students, publications, and life.  We'll remember the days of Wilmington with joy and spend nights drinking wine and being academics.  But, until then, she's busy being a student and future TA who has a really cute blog.  In said blog, she had a survey and tacked me onto it.  Since I like her a lot and think that it's too adorable she does this, I'm partaking and being a pal.

Here’s how it works: USE ONLY ONE WORD!

1. Where is your cell phone? bed
2. Your hair? mess
3. Your mother? Sunny
4. Your father? reminder
5. Your favorite food? Asian
6. Your dream last night? ill-advised
7. Your favorite drink? coffee
8. Your dream/goal? contentment
9. What room are you in? mine
10. Your hobby? unsure
11. Your fear? failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13. Where were you last night? home-ish
14. Something that you aren’t? religious
15. Muffins? okay.
16. Wish list item? vacation
17. Where did you grow up? rural
18. Last thing you did? read
19. What are you wearing? PJs
20. Your TV? none
21. Your pets? needy
22. Friends? fabulous
23. Your life? fleeting
24. Your mood? impatient
25. Missing someone? always
26. Vehiclenonexistent
27. Something you’re not wearing? necklace
28. Your favorite store? Target
29. Your favorite color? royalty
30. When was the last time you laughed? Apples
31. Last time you cried? movie
32. Your best friend? far
33. One place that I go to over and over? beach
34. One person who emails me regularly? Ellen
35. Favorite place to eat? kitchen

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

Wednesday nights are my favorite too!! Knitting group :) So glad you have a fun Wednesday. Yay for Hub nights! And for Cindy's dishes, sounds like she'd be my favorite.

Also-- ahahhahahahhahahahahahah!!!! I totally don't remember taking that picture, but I LOVE IT! We look all sweaty and tired and goofy. How are you still my friend after that. We should take a road trip and you should make me drive while you sleep.

But in all seriousness, when I saw that picture I broke out into a HUGE smile because I just adore you and our little "how we met" story, and I can't WAIT for coffee dates and swapped teaching stories.

I love your answers :) I should have known you'd be excellent at it.

You are so very very lovely and I miss you!! Even more now! I still haven't been to the Asian market or gotten a boost in my checking account (lame grad office), but I'm telling you, after both, you can be expecting a package!