Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Favorite Game Show

What is Jeopardy!?

Yes, I'm a nerd.  I grew up with Jeopardy! being a constant in my life.  Every night at 7, we would tune in to ABC and settle in for a half hour.  It was a time where I realized that trivial facts actually did matter... it also served as a competitive section of the day between family members.  I've always tried to remember arbitrary little facts because you never know what category will pop up on the show.

Since being here, I realize that I miss Jeopardy! a lot more than I thought I would.  It was a quaint 30 minutes a day where my dad, brother, and I sat around and attempted to beat all the real contestants.  

I recently discovered this website that stores all the questions to every game.  Granted, it's not the same as actually seeing Alex Trebek and spending time with my family, but, for now, it'll work. 

When I go back, perhaps I'll be able to continue being decent competition with all that "Jeopardy! trivia" I'm learning through past games.

3 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

hahahahhahaha ok this will make you laugh.

LAST WEEK, literally, I was in the game store and saw this Jeopardy-style DVD board game thing, and I thought-- COOL! But then I thought... well, I don't have anyone in my life I can buy this for... I don't know anyone that really likes Jeopardy.

But YOU do. And I didn't know!

ALSO-- did you know one of UNCW's professors was once in a Jeopardy question?

http://people.uncw.edu/veit/veit.htm

See his section: "Greatest Lifetime Professional Achievement"

See?! Your alma mater is something to be proud of!

Anonymous said...

Answer: Mingechevir. Question: Where Kim is organizing a Jeopardy tournament. _Amy (I'm not signed in)

Jenni said...

Hey Kim, I'm an AZ7 and I dig Jeopardy! too. I tried out for it once but was not selected. No surprise there but it was fun and I got a cheapo Jeopardy pen. Sweet.