I got a box from Heather yesterday and it was pretty exciting. My candy bag was running on empty, so, as soon as I opened her box, I knew that would no longer be the case. I had old –time favorites such as Now and Laters, Gobstoppers, Japanese gummies, Bazooka Joe bubble gum (I love the comics) and a box of a candy I never really ate before, Jujyfruits.
While writing letters an listening to music on a day in since I’m still trying to recover from my sickness, I decided to go ahead and open the Jujyfruits and give them a try. I picked one of every color: yellow, orange, green, red, and one questionable one that could either be dark purple or black. Feeling daring, I popped the one I was hoping was a purple color… grape?! No! Licorice! Why, in the world, would licorice be considered a fruit?
All the other flavors were what they were supposed to be or at least something logical: lemon, orange, lime, and cherry. But, no, the purple/black one had to be black and be licorice!
Now, I know I’m been called a picky person on several occasions, but there are a few food items I don’t think my taste buds will ever understand. Licorice, cilantro, mushrooms… The things I don’t like, I really don’t like, but I think my tastes have adjusted since being here and I do eat a lot of things I didn’t used to eat in America. But, I will not ever like licorice.
“After a well-balanced meal or for a well-deserved snack after school, you might want to grab a hand full of jellybeans. Don’t eat the black jellybeans. They taste disgusting. It’s just my opinion, but it’s true.” Fake The Office PSA. Same goes for black Jujyfuits. I’ll stick with red flavor.

1 comment:
Post a Comment