Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tea time

I have amazing sitemates.  One of whom, Bev, has turned me onto Yogi Green Tea.  I live in a tea culture where there is tea, everywhere, all the time.  This doesn’t sound all too shabby, but it’s crazy when the amount of tea I’ve drank in the past 6 months of my life has probably been more than I’ve drank in my entire life because one cup of tea per sitting is just not quite enough.  I think my family, on average, drinks at least 12-15 cups of tea a day.  And, oh, just in case you didn’t know, tea is the cure to everything (I’ve had to drink a lot more since I’ve been sick).  But, here, it’s not just tea that’s the answer, it’s black tea; so, a cup of green tea is a welcome change (especially since that’s the one I prefer more than the other).

Anyways, back to Yogi tea… One day I was cooking at Bev’s house and she parted with an almost full box of teabags.  To me, this idea of giving away such a great item was crazy!  I later came to find out that that’s just the type of person Bev is, not just crazy, but crazy giving.  I left the box there giving her a chance to wise up, but when I went back the next day, she offered it up once again saying I forgot it.  I’ve since been using the tea bags on special occasions when I need a treat or simply a pick-up in taste and morale.

Morale?  From tea bags?  What?  Well, that’s another special thing about Yogi teabags, each of them come with some kind of nice little inspirational message to help one get through their day.  Every time I drink the tea, I save the message and put them into a little box Heather made for me before I left.  The little box I keep all my little treasures, quotes being some of them. 

It doesn’t matter if I agree with what all the message entails, each one of them is a surprise and are contemplated over a nice cup of hot green tea.  So, for a different type of post, here’s some of the advice/reminders my tea gives me:

  • Delight the world with kindness, grace and compassion.
  • Every heartbeat creates a miracle.
  • A relaxed mind is a creative mind.
  • Every smile is a direct achievement.
  • Your heartbeat is the rhythm of your soul.
  • The best way of life is to be, simply to be.
  • Empty yourself and let the universe fill you.

I love quotes, collecting them, posting them up, saving them.  You’ll find them on my walls, in cards I make, in my wallet, pockets, “treasure” boxes all around.  I hold onto fortune cookie fortunes, the box lids from California Raisins, newspaper clippings, blurbs from magazines.  I’m a sentimental kind of gal who’s also a pack rat.  For people like me, this tea is pretty cool.

*This blog is not sponsored by Yogi Tea.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey I totally drink that tea in the states! I kept a bunch of the quotes in my little black book.