Monday, July 27, 2009

Heradazzlus and Shinanigans.

(Alexis, Jackie, and me being hippies)

Last week, I went off to Lankaran for a bit of work and play.  The work aspect was helping Jackie and Jane with their Yay Kamp for Arts and Crafts week, which truly proved to be an exhausting and fun experience.  The play?  Beer Olympics.

Beer Olympics?  What?  Kim?  What?  You?  Those are probably a few of the key things floating through your head about this revelation I've made about myself and my activities...  well, then, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.  Being a bit off character and doing something I never even thought about doing during college (when kids are supposed to do mess like this), I decided Azerbaijan would be the best place to partake in these shinanigans.  And, let me tell you, it was fun.  Getting dressed up was a ball, hanging out with too many people was great (and a bit overwhelming and insanely intense), and playing various games was pretty fantastic. 

My team was a super cool one.  We were Heradazzlus.  Each one of us have Philosophy as a soft spot in our hearts and all 4 of us have the formal studies finished or are about to begin.  We had Bev, who was the biggest sport during the craziness, Alexis, Charlie, and myself.  We all wore togas that were bedazzled (yes, bedazzled), had appropriate head bands and accessories, and wore our nerdiness on our bare arms.  Fabulous.  

Lankaran was a great time.  I was able to further get to know some of the kids that are leaving in the next month or so as well as reinforcing friendships I started almost a year ago.  I got to travel down south, take some day trips with neat people (of which I'll write more on another time), and experience something that I pretty much avoided for 3 years.  I also learned something about myself, too... apparently I'm a beast at Flip Cup.  Awesome.

Mingechevir at its finest.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are awesome and amazing and I'm so glad you came down to Lankaran! Your help with Yay Kamp was invaluable, and more importantly, I'm really glad we got to hang out.