Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Meet Scout and Company.


Last month, I adopted a kitten from a friend in Baku.  Originally the whole idea started out as me taking her cat when she returned to America, but she was too attached, understandably.  She was talking about this kitten she saw outside of the Iranian embassy when I was there and how tempted she was to steal it and take it home.  But, with one cat already to deal with, she decided against it.  That is, until I made the offer to take Leo, I'm thinking.  Scout-cat disappeared for a couple days and my friend was worried, but she soon returned.  I call this "the time Scout got knocked up."

When I adopted her, I technically didn't know she was a girl.  I have never had a girl cat before and actually prefer male cats.  So, I almost didn't adopt her or at least was second guessing it.  I decided I couldn't leave my friend hanging and adopted Scout.  I had no idea she was pregnant.

Fast forward to Cindy's goodbye potluck dinner where the idea first was seriously considered by me (though I was in complete denial about it all).  From that night on, I slowly revealed the truth to myself and began to accept it.  

This morning I woke up to find Scout with 4 little kittens attached to her body milking.  They look like aliens.  I'm pretty sure I have homes lined up for all of them, so here's to the next 11 weeks I get to spend with 5 cats living in my apartment.

(Baskin and Robbins)

2 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

hahaha you are CRAZYYYYYYY. You would. Seriously. I bet you're gonna be a great Cat mom :) You have to take a lot of pictures, seriously.

Sarah Glova said...

I just saw how many times I said seriously in that comment. I just wanted to also let you know that I'm not a valley girl or anything... it's just the summer getting to me. Miss you :)