
Mingechevir was a hot spot for the country this July 4th and, as much work and stress as it was, I believe it was completely worth it.

Months ago, while preparing for a hub night, an idea sparked in Cindy's kitchen. The basic thought was to throw Cindy a massive birthday party at the reservoir with good people, great food for the grill, and spectacular festivities for all. This was not born just out of sitemate love, but also because she shares her birthday with America and we thought we needed to do it up right.



Somehow between that time and this past July 4th, the event grew into an all day thing including a weird presentation, America themed everything, educational centers, field day games, Capture the Flag, softball, 80+ kids, 13+ translators, 4 random English speaking guests, and 30+ PCVs (without Cindy). Holy cow! And, don't worry, we did not forget the after party.
Alexis did an amazing job with all the post daytime event's happenings and we had a party that I'm pretty sure we'll be talking about for a while. The reservoir was pretty beautiful, swimming was incredible, dance parties were had, grilling was done, s'mores were hoarded, punches were thrown, music was listened to, chats were had, drinks were drank (probably excessively), and, I think, fun times were had by all.

The beauty of my 4th here was that it probably consisted of everything I would've done at the beach in Wilmington, if I were there. It was a very surreal and amazing time. Looking forward to the 2nd Annual Mingechevir 4th of July next year!

1 comment:
does sound like it could have been in Wilmington :) so glad you enjoyed it. I just love hearing about you having fun!!!!!!
Post a Comment